The Centre Barnstaple is open for Contraception and Sexual Health guidance Monday to Friday with late appointments on Wednesday evenings and drop-in clinics for Under 25s on Monday and Thursdays 3.30 to 5.30pm.
How to find us:
On turning in to Vicarage Street towards Green Lanes car park, Barnstaple Health Centre is the tall building on the right hand side. There is a car park available for patients with a pay and display machine which is patrolled by a warden. If there are no spaces here there is a council car park directly behind this on Higher Maudlin Street.We offer:
- Information and advice on contraception and sexual health related problems.
- Emergency contraception up to 5 days after unprotected sex (and sometimes beyond).
- All methods of contraception including: Pills Patches Injections Implants Coils – IUDs/IUS
- Free Condoms
- Unplanned Pregnancy testing
- Unplanned pregnancy advice and onwards referral
- Advice and Information about fertility and sterilisation.
- Testing for all sexually transmitted infections, including HIV.
- Diagnosis and treatment of all STIs including warts, herpes, male urethritis, Chlamydia and Gonorrohoea
- Diagnosis of non-STI genital conditions including bacterial vaginosis, 'thrush' (candida), male balanitis
- Hepatitis vaccination where appropriate
- Care for people living with HIV
- Management of genital skin problems
- Care for patients who have been sexually assaulted / raped
- Help with sexual problems
We are a specialist team who are used to dealing with complex sexual health issues and embarrassing problems. We look forward to meeting you soon.