The Centre Exeter is open every day Monday - Saturday.
We now have a new longer drop-in 'sit and wait' session Monday - Friday 9.30am-3.30pm, where you can attend for any sexual health or contraception need.
On Saturdays, the Contraception service offers a 'sit and wait' session from 10am-1pm, where you can attend for emergency contraception ('morning after pill'), to discuss contraception or to collect supplies of your usual method (e.g. more pills), and for unplanned pregnancy testing and advice.
We do not offer walk-in sexual health testing or treatments on Saturday mornings.
Drop in 'sit and wait' sessions can get very busy and the wait may be long, so its usually best to book an appointment if your need is not urgent.
We have appointments available every day Monday - Saturday, and also offer late night appointment on Monday evenings in the Exeter and Okehampton clinics, on Wednesday in the Tiverton clinic and on Thursday evening in the Exmouth clinic.
The Exeter clinic is based within the NHS Walk-In Centre in the town centre, just off Exeter High Street. We are very close to the John Lewis building. There are many city centre car parks nearby and all main bus routes stop either outside the building or within a few minutes walk.
- Information and advice on contraception and sexual health related problems.
- Emergency contraception up to 5 days after unprotected sex (and sometimes beyond).
- All methods of contraception including: Pills Patches Injections Implants Coils – IUDs/IUS.
- Free Condoms.
- Unplanned Pregnancy testing.
- Unplanned pregnancy advice and onwards referral.
- Advice and Information about fertility and sterilisation.
- Testing for all sexually transmitted infections, including HIV.
- Diagnosis and treatment of all STIs including warts, herpes, male urethritis, Chlamydia and Gonorrohoea.
- Diagnosis of non-STI genital conditions including bacterial vaginosis, 'thrush' (candida), male balanitis.
- Hepatitis vaccination where appropriate.
- Care for people living with HIV.
- Management of genital skin problems.
- Care for patients who have been sexually assaulted / raped.
- Help with sexual problems.
We are a specialist team who are used to dealing with complex sexual health issues and embarrassing problems. We look forward to meeting you soon.